Tips for Our Cat Patients
Helpful Information from Our Cat Veterinarians in Mechanicsburg
We know that it can be tough to get our feline friends in to the vet for a wellness exam. But even young indoor cats need to come in and get their nose-to-tail examinations at least once a year. Just like dogs, cats age quicker than people—on average, about seven years for each of our years.
Annual examinations can allow our Mechanicsburg cat veterinarians to pick up any changes, such as a heart murmur or kidney issues, before they become serious. If caught early enough, various conditions can be treated with medication or diet changes to help prolong the life of your furry companion.
It’s important to understand that most cats are adept at hiding illnesses and injuries. So, when you see them acting differently, it’s very important to bring them to one of our veterinarians for an exam. At Winding Hill Veterinary Clinic, we take special care to make sure your cat will have the best visit possible. We even have a cat-exclusive waiting room, entrance, parking lot, and exam room!
Tips for a Safe & Easy Trip to the Vet
Here are some tips for how the make the trip easier for you and your cat:
- Choose a cat carrier with a top that easily opens or lifts off.
- Keep the carrier out in the open in a safe place so your cat can adjust to going in and out. Throw treats inside from time to time to give your cat a treat for going in.
- Feed your cat inside the carrier.
- When your cat looks comfortable, start taking him or her on a tour of the house. When that feels good, start with short trips in the car.
- Make the trip as rewarding as possible. Offer treats and calming language. Keep the loud music and sharp turns to a minimum, especially during the first few trips.
- When you make your trip to our hospital bring along a favorite toy and/or a blanket with familiar smells.
- Most important: keep your cool! Cats can sense our emotions, if you’re calm, it will help them feel better, too.
Schedule an appointment at Winding Hill Veterinary Clinic for your cat; call (717) 839-5899 or contact us online to get started!
Come, Sit, Heal.Excellent Pets Deserve Excellent Care.
Sometimes vet bills can get expensive. Your pet’s health is important to us so we will work with you to figure out the best payment options.
Here at Winding Hill, we welcome new clients and patients. Our front office is waiting to bring you in with welcome arms!
We have been helping furry friends and their people for nearly 40 years.
We are dedicated to providing quality care with compassion and commitment.
Where smart pets bring their people.Hear our client's stories!
“They take the time to get to know your pets and they answer all your questions.”- Faith Brown-Schultz
“Clean facility, friendly staff, efficient, modern - just a wonderful animal-loving place!”- Elizabeth Stone
“Winding Hill vets is the best place for any and all your fur babies.”- Michele Hebert