Resources for Pet Owners
Find Helpful Information from Our Mechanicsburg Veterinarians
As a pet owner, you want to make sure that you’re providing your dog, cat, or other pet with the best possible care. Everything from your pet’s nutrition to the amount of physical activity and mental stimulation he or she receives plays a role in your pet’s overall health and well-being. With so many websites and articles out there, it can be difficult to find the information you need to make the best choices for your pet.
Here, we’ve compiled some helpful resources for pet owners. Selected by our Mechanicsburg veterinarians, this information covers everything from flea and tick prevention to what to expect when getting a new pet to finding a tailored wellness program.
Browse our resources to learn more!
- Flea and tick prevention
- Information for our cat patients
- Getting a new pet
- Nutrition for your pet
- Parasite prevalence
- Pet health insurance information
- Tailored wellness programs
In addition to our curated pet owner resources, we’ve compiled more general information for pet owners:
- Heartworm Society – Find answers to all of your questions about heartworm disease.
- Loss and Grieving Resources on About.com – Read helpful resources on dealing with the loss of a pet.
- National Animal Poison Control Center– Learn more about toxic substances and what to do if you believe your pet may have ingested a poison
- Plants Toxic to Animals – Which plants are dangerous for your pets? Find out here.
- Veterinary Information Network – Find good resources for you to learn about general animal health.
- Center for Disease Control (Dogs) – Read about zoonotic diseases that can be transmitted from dogs to humans.
- Center for Disease Control (Cats) – Learn about zoonotic diseases that can be transmitted from cats to humans.
- AKC Breed List for Dogs – Read more about the different types of dog breeds.
- Cat Fanciers’ Association Breed List for Cats – Learn more about different cat breeds.
- Hills (Science Diet and Hills Prescription Diet) – Find helpful information on proper pet nutrition and diet.
If you’d like to speak to a veterinarian at Winding Hill Veterinary Clinic, contact us at (717) 839-5899 and one of our friendly and professional staff members will assist you.
Come, Sit, Heal.Excellent Pets Deserve Excellent Care.
Sometimes vet bills can get expensive. Your pet’s health is important to us so we will work with you to figure out the best payment options.
Here at Winding Hill, we welcome new clients and patients. Our front office is waiting to bring you in with welcome arms!
We have been helping furry friends and their people for nearly 40 years.
We are dedicated to providing quality care with compassion and commitment.
Where smart pets bring their people.Hear our client's stories!
“They take the time to get to know your pets and they answer all your questions.”- Faith Brown-Schultz
“Clean facility, friendly staff, efficient, modern - just a wonderful animal-loving place!”- Elizabeth Stone
“Winding Hill vets is the best place for any and all your fur babies.”- Michele Hebert