Winding Hill Vet wishes Dr. Kinneman a Happy Birthday! We decided to interview her so that we all could learn more about her and the amazing things that she does in our hospital!
• Where are you originally from?
Right here in PA. Originally Osceola Mills, then my family moved to Wellsville.
• How long have you been in the area?
After graduating college, I moved to Albuquerque, New Mexico where I lived for 6 years before moving to Colorado to attend Veterinary School. I moved back here to PA in 2003.
• How long have you been at the Hospital?
Since April 2008
• Where did you/do you go to school?
I attended Bloomsburg University for my undergraduate degree and Colorado State University for Veterinary School
• Describe your role in the area pet community?
Helping to provide care for my clients beloved pets so they can live a long and happy life
• What would you say is the most important impact that our hospital has?
Providing personalized, high quality medical care for all of our clients and their pets…..treating them as if they are a part of our family
• What would you say was the one greatest pet related, community accomplishment that you have had?
Honestly, that would be just becoming a veterinarian. That accomplishment has allowed me the opportunity to be a part of peoples lives with their pets
• List your pets and names throughout the years (including childhood ones):
Lassie, Fluffy, Peppy, Carrie (all from my childhood), then Koster, Hanna, Navi, Zane (all before I had my daughter), now Belah, Tessie, Martin, Roger, Jeff and Billy.
• What kind of food do you feed your pets?
Science Diet Healthy Advantage. And the cats love their Fancy Feast!
• What is your favorite movie?
An older favorite of mine is Planes, Trains and Automobiles. I usually go for comedies and I hate to admit it, but I love all of Adam Sandlers silly movies!
• What kind of music do you like?
All kinds…..my go to songs on my ipod are from Red Hot Chile Peppers and Dave Matthews Band….but I listen to a lot of top forty due to influence from my daughter
• What was the last book that you read?
And my 8 year old daughter and I are reading “Bailey School Kids Mysteries” series.
• What is your favorite TV show?
Modern Family, Psych and Project Runway
(Luckily, there is such a thing as On Demand and DVR so I can occasionally watch them)
• Where was your last vacation?
Once a year I go to Bethany Beach
• What is your favorite restaurant?
Los Cuates in Albuquerque, NM
• Describe your perfect sandwich
Avacado, tomato, provolone and lettuce in a tortilla (YUM)